Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roast lightly-seasoned sweet potatoes in the oven for a simple, healthy, and delicious side dish.
Author: Cape Locally Grown
Recipe type: Side
Serves: 12½ cup servings
- 7 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes (2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place sweet potatoes in a shallow roasting pan or cookie sheet coated with 1 tbsp olive oil. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Add onion; stir well. Bake an additional 30 minutes; remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Drizzle sweet potato mixture with butter; stir to coat. Broil 10 minutes or until browned.