Sweet Potato Burritos
Once you've had one, you'll want another. The recipe is a little different from most burrito recipes. Serve these with sour cream, chopped green onions, and salsa. Serves 6 or freeze for a quick meal later.
Author: Cape Locally Grown
Recipe type: Main Dish
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Ground Beef, cooked
- 2 jalapeno or other hot peppers
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 6 sourdough tortillas, warmed
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of chopped leeks or green onions
- ½ cup of salsa
- ½ cup of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook ground beef in a medium skillet and season with salt and cumin.
- Saute onion, jalapeno peppers and garlic with meat until soft.
- Add mashed cooked sweet potatoes.
- Divide meat mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the tortillas; top with cheese.
- Fold tortillas burrito-style around the fillings and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until warmed through, about 12 minutes.
- Serve with chopped leeks/onions on top and salsa and sour cream on the side